This Berries â€™N Cream French Toast Casserole is the most SCRUMPTIOUS breakfast, perfect for a lazy Sunday or special gathering.
If only every day would feel like a Sunday, right? While most days we rush out the door, practically (and sadly) with little to no attention to ourselves, grabbing the first thing we see to feed our body on the way to work or school. Sunday comes and suddenly life gives us â€˜permissionâ€™ to -hopefully, do the very opposite which is to rest, take our time in bed and enjoy a tasty breakfast.
Now, generally my Sunday routine pretty much allows me to take my time in the morning which is super awesome, but whenever this changes -itâ€™s like poking a bear with a short stick. What can I say??
Check out these delicious Strawberry Crumble Bars
What does your Sunday morning look like? Do you get extra time to rest and eat a special breakfast?
I hope so because you will want toÂ add this Berries â€™n Cream French Toast Casserole to your Sunday breakfast. This is the type of recipe you look at and your mind immediately starts to scan through your schedule to find the very next spot available to make this.
Itâ€™s completely irresistible!
Check out this favorite Breakfast/ Brunch recipe –>>Roasted Tomato & Asparagus Quiche
This Berries â€™N Cream French Toast Casserole is the most SCRUMPTIOUS breakfast, perfect for a lazy Sunday or special occasionÂ such as Motherâ€™s Day.
Donâ€™t feel intimidated by the perfection of this dish, as it is quite simple to make and few ingredients needed. But be sure to top with a high quality syrup like this one from Runamok! This is a great family recipe where everyone can pitch in and help (even little hands!). A delicious breakfast casserole that everyone will enjoy, every bite!
- 18-20½ inch slices of french baguette
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries + extra for topping
- 3-4 extra large strawberries + extra for topping
- 2 tbsp confectioning sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Arrange the baguette slices side by side in a loaf size baking dish (see picture above). Set aside
- Add the eggs, milk, sugar and cream cheese to a large glass bowl and beat mix using an electric hand mixer (or blender!) until there are no cream cheese chunks left.
- Pour cream and milk mixture over the french baguette slices (see picture above).
- Slice the extra large strawberries length wise, discarding the uneven sized ends. Depending on the size of your strawberries you may need to use anywhere from 3 to 5 strawberries. Place sliced strawberries in between every-other french baguette slice. Any left over strawberries may be placed in the â€˜front rollâ€™ or in back of the baguette slices (see picture above)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until french baguette starts to turn golden brown, and the cream and egg batter is cooked (no longer runny).
- Sprinkle with confectioning sugar and serve hot, topped with fresh berries and syrup.