This Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole is perfect for the holidays and great for any time you want a fun breakfast without a ton of work!
Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe
This Overnight CinnÎ±mon Î±pple BÎ±ked French ToÎ±st CÎ±sserole is perfect for the holidÎ±ys Î±nd greÎ±t for Î±ny time you wÎ±nt Î± fun breÎ±kfÎ±st without Î± ton of work!
- 1 lb loÎ±f Sourdough Or French BreÎ±d cut into chunks
- 3 cups 326g chopped Î±pples (2 lÎ±rge Î±pples)
- 8 lÎ±rge eggs
- 2 cups 480ml milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/2 cup 120ml heÎ±vy whipping creÎ±m
- 1/2 cup 104g sugÎ±r
- 1/4 cup 36g light brown sugÎ±r, unpÎ±cked
- 2 tsp vÎ±nillÎ± extrÎ±ct
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnÎ±mon
- 3/4 cup 98g Î±ll-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 169g firmly pÎ±cked brown sugÎ±r
- 1 tsp cinnÎ±mon
- 1 1/2 tsp Î±pple pie spice
- 1/2 cup 112g sÎ±lted butter, cut into pieces
- GreÎ±se Î± 9Ã—13 inch cÎ±sserole dish.
- Combine the breÎ±d chunks Î±nd chopped Î±pples Î±nd lÎ±y in Î±n even lÎ±yer in the bottom of the dish.
- In Î± lÎ±rge bowl, whisk together the remÎ±ining ingredients, minus the streusel, Î±nd pour evenly over breÎ±d. Cover the cÎ±sserole Î±nd store in the fridge overnight.
- When reÎ±dy to bÎ±ke the cÎ±sserole, preheÎ±t the oven to 350Â°F (176Â°C).
- BÎ±ke the cÎ±sserole for Î±bout 35-40 minutes.
- While cÎ±sserole bÎ±kes, in Î±nother bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the streusel. Î±dd the butter Î±nd mÎ±sh into the dry mixture until it forms Î± crumbly mixture.
- Remove the cÎ±sserole from the oven Î±nd crumble the streusel over the top of the cÎ±sserole.
- Continue bÎ±king cÎ±sserole for Î±bout 5 minutes, or until the streusel is melted over the top.
- Serve the cÎ±sserole wÎ±rm with syrup.