Save This Recipe To Pinterest
This Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is the creamiest, most delicious pasta dish ever. It’s a comforting, homemade meal that your entire family will enjoy. It’s easy to make and will be loved by even the pickiest of eaters.
The Best Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
I’m a huge fan of pasta and I am addicted to coming up with delicious and easy Instant Pot Pasta Recipes. One of my favorite pasta recipes so far has been this Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini. It’s amazing!
Well, this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is right up there with it!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Instant Pot pasta recipe for later.
Making pasta in the Instant Pot is super easy. You only have one pot to clean when all is said and done. No need for straining! If you’re ever making just plain pasta and have heard about it possibly making a mess, then check out my trick for avoiding a mess! It works great!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the kitchen prep tools and utensils that you will need for this recipe:
- medium-sized food prep bowls and some paper towels
- a quality chef’s knife and cutting matts for preparing the chicken
- large and small liquid measuring cups
- mini pinch bowlsÂ for pre-measuring ingredients
- measuring cups and measuring spoons
- a whisk
- a large silicone or wooden spoon
- a pair of tongs for serving the pasta
Appliances & Cookware
I made this pasta in my 8-quart Instant Pot. It should work just fine in aÂ 6-quart Instant PotÂ or any otherÂ 6 or 8-quart electric pressure cooker.
Electric Pressure Cooker Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Electric Pressure Cooker Accessories.Â You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your electric pressure cooker.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo in the Instant Pot
This Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is outstanding! And, while it’s very easy to make, it does have a few steps. Follow them and you will have the most rich, creamy, and flavorful Alfredo pasta dish ever!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
This recipe for Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker includes bite-sized pieces of seasoned chicken and tender broccoli florets tossed in long pasta and then smothered in a homemade, creamy alfredo sauce and lots of delicious cheeses! Â Here are the simple ingredients you will need to make this easy recipe:
- Chicken Breasts: The chicken breasts are brined, cut into bite-sized pieces, and then sautÃ©ed and seasoned with the garlic powder and salt.
- Olive Oil: The chicken is sautÃ©ed in olive oil. Make sure to use a variety that is made specifically for sautÃ©ing and cooking.
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Linguine Pasta: I used linguine noodles in the recipe but any long pasta like fettuccine or spaghetti will work perfectly.
- Unsalted Chicken Stock: I prefer to use Kitchen Basics All Natural Unsalted Chicken Stock. It has great flavor and allows me to control how much salt is going into my dish.
- Unsalted Butter: Adds a rich creaminess to this pasta dish.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The higher fat content of heavy whipping cream will yield an extra rich and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- All-Purpose Flour: Used for thickening the Alfredo sauce.
- Better than Bouillon: The Better than Bouillon adds some wonderful flavor to the Alfredo sauce. I like to use the roasted garlic flavor for this recipe but the roasted chicken flavor is also great.
- Ground White Pepper: Adds a touch of spice to the Alfredo sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese:Â Parmesan tastes great on everything! It adds a wonderful savoriness to this dish that is unbeatable.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Freshly shredded mozzarella adds the perfect amount of cheesiness.
- Cream Cheese: To make this the creamiest Alfredo pasta ever, we have to add some cream cheese.
- Broccoli Florets: Finally, youâ€™ll need some cooked broccoli florets. You can use my easy recipe for Zero Minute Instant Pot Broccoli and make it ahead of time.
Brine the Chicken
I really like to brine the chicken before cooking it by letting it soak in a mixture of salt and warm water for 15 minutes or so.Â It makes the chicken so much more tender. I explain in the recipe card below exactly how to brine the chicken breasts but this part is optional if you want to make a faster meal.
Prepare the Chicken
You will need to pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Then, trim away any extra fat and cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
SautÃ© the Chicken
Turn on the ‘SautÃ©’ feature and, using the ‘Adjust’ button, adjust the heat level to ‘More’. Once the digital display reads ‘Hot’, add the olive oil to the pot. Allow the olive oil to get hot and then add the chicken. Toss the chicken until itâ€™s coated in the oil and then sautÃ©, tossing it occasionally, until itâ€™s cooked white on all sides. This will take about 8 minutes.
Season the Chicken
Once the chicken is ready, add the garlic powder and salt to the pot. Toss the chicken to fully coat it in the seasonings and sautÃ© for another 30 seconds to let it cook in the seasonings. Now press ‘Cancel’ to turn off the ‘SautÃ©’ function.
Add the Pasta to the Pot
Break the linguine in half and add it to the pot, layering it over the chicken. Pour in the chicken stock over the pasta.
Cook the Pasta
Now itâ€™s time to start cooking the pasta and chicken. Move the pressure release valve to ‘Sealing’, select the ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’ button and set the Instant Pot to cook on â€˜High Pressureâ€™ for 9 minutes. While the pasta is cooking youâ€™ll prepare the Alfredo Sauce.
Prepare the Alfredo Sauce
In a bowl, whisk the flour into half a cup of the cream until smooth. Next, add the Better than Bouillon and pepper and whisk together. Finally, whisk in the remaining cream until you have a smooth sauce.
Release the Pressure
When the pasta is finished cooking, allow for a 2-minute Natural Pressure Release. After that, release the remaining pressure and when the pin drops, open your pot. Leave it on ‘Keep Warm’.
Add the Butter
Add the butter and mix the pasta and chicken together until the butter has fully melted.
Add the Alfredo Sauce and Cheeses
Add the Alfredo sauce and cheeses and mix until the cheeses are melted.
Add the Broccoli
Finally, add the cooked broccoli and gently toss it into the pasta. Let the pasta sit in the pot for another 5 to 10 minutes to allow the Alfredo sauce to thicken. Continue to gently toss the pasta occasionally and once the sauce has reached your desired consistency, you can press the ‘Cancel’ button to turn the pot off.
Enjoy Your Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
This pasta is so rich and creamy and the taste is just spectacular. It’s just as good as anything you can get at an Italian restaurant. My family absolutely loves this recipe for Pressure Cooker Chicken Broccoli Alfredo and I know you and your family will LOVE it too!
When you try it, please give it a 5-star rating and let me know how you liked it in the comments!
Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Linguine Pasta, Tender Chicken Pieces, and Broccoli Florets Coated in a Creamy Rich Homemade Alfredo Sauce
for the Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts 3 to 4 breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Â¾ tsp kosher salt or to taste
for the Pasta
- 1 lb linguine pasta can substitute fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 3 Â½ cups unsalted chicken stock
for the Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream room temperature, divided
- 3 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps Better than Bouillon roasted garlic or roasted chicken flavor
- Â½ tsp ground white pepper or to taste
to add After Cooking
- Â½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick, cut into small pieces and softened
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small cubes and softened
- 1 lb broccoli florets cooked
- Set out the heavy whipping cream, butter, and cream cheese to warm and soften.
prepare the Chicken Breasts
- Brine Chicken Breasts (Optional): For best results, make a brine by filling a large bowl with one quart of warm water and adding a Â¼ cup of kosher salt to the water then mixing until the salt is fully dissolved. Place the chicken breasts in the brine and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Chicken Breasts: Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Trim any fat, and cut the breasts into small bite-sized pieces no wider than Â½".
- SautÃ© Chicken:Â Turn the Instant Pot on 'SautÃ©' and adjust the heat level to 'More'. Allow the pot to heat up until the display reads 'Hot'. Add the olive oil to the pot and allow it to heat up. Add the chicken to the pot and toss until thoroughly coated in the oil. Spread in an even layer across the bottom and sautÃ©, tossing occasionally, until cooked white on all sides. About 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season Chicken:Â Add the garlic powder and salt to the pot and toss into the chicken to fully coat. Cook for another 30 seconds, tossing as the chicken cooks in the seasonings. Cancel 'SautÃ©' and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
add the Pasta and Stock
- Break the pasta in half and add to the pot, spreading evenly over the chicken. Pour the chicken stock into the pot over the pasta.
set the Cooking Time
- Cook for 9-Minutes:Â Close the Instant Pot, adjust the pressure release valve to 'Sealing' and set the pot to cook on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook', 'High Pressure' for 9 minutes.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce:Â While the pasta is cooking, prepare the Alfredo sauce. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, gradually whisk the flour into a Â½ cup of the heavy cream until a smooth paste is formed. Add the Better than Bouillon and white pepper and whisk until smooth. Then add the remaining heavy cream and gently whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 2-Minute NPR: Once the cooking time has finished, allow for a 2 minute NPR (natural pressure release) and then release any remaining pressure. After the pressure has been released and the pin has dropped, open the pot. Leave on 'Keep Warm'.
- Add Butter: Add the butter and, using a large spoon, mix the pasta and chicken with the butter until it has fully melted.
- Add Alfredo Sauce & Cheeses: Add the Alfredo sauce, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese to the pot. Mix into the pasta until the cheeses fully melt.
- Add Broccoli: Add the cooked broccoli and gently toss into the pasta.
- Allow to Thicken: Allow the pasta to sit in the pot on 'Keep Warm' for 5 to 10 minutes to let the Alfredo sauce thicken. Gently toss every couple of minutes. Once the sauce has reached your desired thickness, press 'Cancel'.
- Serve and enjoy!
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
Some things you should know about this Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe.
Thinning the Alfredo sauce. If the Alfredo sauce ends up thickening too much and you wish to thin it, gradually add whole milk, a little at a time, mixing it in until the pasta reaches the consistency that you desire.