Making Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers can’t get any easier than this! No pre-cooking of peppers or sautéing onion is needed. Simply fill with them and cook under pressure. Easy-peasy comfort food ready in no time!
Guys, have you tried making instant pot stuffed bell peppers? If you haven’t I highly recommend doing so. Juicy sweet peppers, ground beef & rice filling & tomato sauce complement each other and create a delicious dinner!
By the way, if you are looking for more pressure cooker recipes, check these ones out:
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Gratin
- Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Lentil Soup
Ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Small Onion
- Ground Beef
- Cooked Rice
- Salt and Pepper
- Tinned Tomatoes
How long does it take to cook stuffed peppers in a pressure cooker?
When using medium sized peppers like I did the 8 minutes active cooking time is all it takes to make these instant pot stuffed bell peppers.
However, the time needed to cook these bell peppers may vary. If you are using very large peppers then you might need to add an extra minute or two to the overall cooking time – just to be sure they are cooked through.
Now I used similar sized peppers but from 2 different producers and I noticed a slight difference in the tenderness. So please don’t be afraid to add more time if needed to adjust it to your needs.
How to make stuffed bell peppers in Instant Pot pressure cooker
If you know how to make beef and rice stuffed peppers in the oven, then all you need to do is use your instant pot instead of the oven. I like making instant pot stuffed bell peppers because it saves me time, energy and the peppers turn out extremely juicy.
To fill the peppers all you need to do is cut off the tops of the peppers. Then remove the seeds and membranes. When you are done, make the filling by combining finely chopped onion, garlic, beef, rice, marjoram, salt, black pepper and half of the tinned tomatoes (without the liquid). I use hands to mix this but you can also use a wooden spoon or normal soup spoon. Just make sure you combine everything properly.
When you are done, fill each pepper to the top.
Now get your Instant Pot pressure cooker, pour in ½ cup water + the remaining tomatoes with juice. Insert in the steam rack and place the peppers onto it. You will fit 4 medium – large peppers in which will serve 4 people.
Lock the lid, place the steam release to SEALING position and press manual. Adjust the time to 8 minutes and you are done! Before opening the pot let the pressure drop naturally. It only takes about 4 minutes in this case.
I suggest letting it cool down slightly before serving as they will be piping hot.
- To make these pressure cooker stuffed bell peppers use any type of rice you like.
- Marjoram can be substituted with oregano.
- You can also add some fresh parsley to the filling.
- I sometimes add ketchup to the tomatoes right before serving to make the sauce richer.
- Great for meal-prep: Cooked stuffed bell peppers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- Optional – Top these stuffed bell peppers with shredded cheese right before serving!
Check out more Easy Instant Pot Recipes on my blog. Chicken Stock, Tortellini Soup, Chicken Paprikash … they all can be made in your Instant Pot!
Want to see how to make Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers? Watch the video!
FOLLOW HAPPY FOODS TUBE FOR ALL THE LATEST RECIPES AND UPDATES:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ pound Ground Beef (220 grams)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice , packed (300 grams)
- 1½ tablespoon Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 1 can Tomatoes (14 ounces/400 grams)
- ½ cup Water
- Rinse the peppers. Cut off the top parts and remove all the membranes and seeds.
- In a bowl, combine together finely chopped onion, ground beef, cooked rice, marjoram, salt, pepper, minced garlic, breadcrumbs and ½ can of tomatoes (without their juice). Mix well using your hand or spoon.
- Fill each pepper with the mixture.
- Add water and the remaining tomatoes (with juices) to the inner pot of the Instant pot. Insert the steam rack and place the stuffed peppers onto it.
- Lock the lid. Turn the steam release to SEALING and press MANUAL. Adjust the time to 8 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally (about 4 minutes) before opening the lid.
- Let the peppers cool down slightly before serving.
- This recipe was made in a 6-quart/6-liter Instant Pot.
- The cooking time does not include time needed for the pot to come to the pressure and release its pressure.
- If using large peppers you might need to adjust the cooking time slightly to make sure they are tender and the meat is cooked through.
- Marjoram can be substituted with oregano.
- This recipe is enough to fill 4 medium peppers. If you use large peppers you will need more filling.
- Optional: top cooked stuffed peppers with shredded cheese. You can also add some ketchup to the tomatoes to make it thicker and richer.
- The meat to rice ratio can be adjusted to your liking.