This Paleo Pie Crust, although grain-free, is stillÂ delicousÂ andÂ flaky. Itâ€™s perfect for any pie or tart, whether sweet piesÂ such as Lemon Meringue Pie or savory dinnerÂ pies such as Turkey Pot Pie or Quiche.
I will admit, that one of the biggest challenges for me as a blogger is finding something witty and exciting to write with each and every blog post. And to be honest with you, I’m just not into it today.
Like, if you were here at the house, I’d handÂ you a glass of wine then be totally satisfied just sitting in silence… I just don’t have much to say.
Do you have those days too?
I’m pretty much a classic introvert and there are hours, days, even weeks that I seriously just don’t want to socialize.
Typically, I’d just call it a day and not “work” – waiting until I felt more social before posting thisÂ recipe but, I made a commitmentÂ to posting every day in March, so here I am telling you about how I don’t want to blog but I am anyway.
We all have “one of those days” and for me that’s today.
But rest assured, this Paleo Pie Crust is still amazing and you should totally make it. Even though I don’t want to talk about it.
Grain-Free Flaky Pie CrustPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Tapioca Starch
- Â½ teaspoon baking powder (aluminim free)
- Â½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Lard or palm oil or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother)
- Cold Water, filtered as needed
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt to the bowl of your food processor, and pulse to mix.
- Add the egg, lard, and vinegar and pulse several times to combine. Continue pulsing until the dough holds together when pressed with your fingers. Add cold water, 1 teaspoon at a time as needed, if the dough will not come together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor bowl and lightly knead until smooth. Use additional tapioca starch to prevent sticking.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and tightly wrap the unused portion in plastic wrap when not being used.
- The dough can be carefully rolled out between 2 sheets of parchment paper or pressed into a pie plate using your fingers.
- For a prebaked, single pie crust: Preheat the oven to 350Â°F and bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy.